Following bullet points are open to individual perspectives.
- This building is a machine. Its fuel is its people. It feeds on their soul.
- The only sounds are of beeping automatic locks of opaque glass doors, clicking of heels on an immaculately polished floor and remnants of quick phone calls made by humans who always seem to be in a hurry.
- Literally nobody cares. Breaks my heart.
- When people smile, they smile out of obligation, not choice.
- No love. It is like love arrived at this building’s door and turned away from all the malice.
- They’re nice to you because:
-they need you to get some work done.
-they are professionally obligated.
- No empathy. No one even tries to foster any. People make zero efforts to reach out. Zero.
- If someone senses you’re distressed, they’ll freeze and become unreachable.
- You have to get used to eating meals alone. I’m sure everyone hates it the same, yet no one barely makes an effort to fix it.
- Cafeterias are some of the scariest places in the world.
- The moment it feels like they’re being too nice to you- be wary, there is some ulterior motive.
- Nothing about the question, ‘How are you?’ is ever, even vaguely concerned with your well being but is asked solely to skip to the real purpose behind seeking you.
- You never make friends inside glass buildings. You only get to know a few strangers.
- There is an abysmal lack of human warmth inside this glass castle. Poker faces, frowns, heads bent deep in cell phones or glued to a big screen pepper the hallway 24/7.
- Everyday, I look around and I’m appalled by how badly we, as human beings- the one animal capable of nursing so much joy and affection- have fucked up. We really truly did. Maybe my quarrel really is with the state of the world- and not the glass building. If that is the case, I have a long battle to fight.
I miss greeting a face which is happy to see me.
We have been together for so many years, thank you for being my constant companions. I hope my blog helped you in some way, or made your heart slightly warmer, or gave you hope where you couldn’t find one.
Let us promise to do our parts in healing through art, through love and by being ourselves. Happy New Year guys. Wish you the best year of your life so far.
Thank you for everything, truly. See you on the other side.