We all have that one friend who prefers to spend his weekend snuggled by the side of a book and a cup of coffee; laying back and relaxing in the company of their favorite character. Their mood swings are often dictated by fictional chronicles. Soaring high in the sky from utter bliss and crashing the rock bottom, all in the snap of a finger.
In the era where internet is often used synonymous to life, and social stature is more important than food, clothing and shelter, there is a vast community of creatures who live a much different life and hence, face a lot of problem trying to ‘blend in.’
These are our beloved nerd girls and boys. Being an unadulterated nerd, I understand how difficult it becomes sometimes to explain normal people about your fanaticism for things that don’t exist (BUT IN OUR WORLD THEY DO..!!)
Okay, so as a dedication to all my fellow nerd people here are 10 problems that every nerd faces:
- You make a book reference and no one seems to understand, let alone appreciate the humor. In fact, they shoo it away thinking it to be something childish or trivial.
- The non-nerds often tease you by purposely making fun of your favorite book. Little do they know the monster they’re trying to invoke the wrath of.
- They come up for book suggestions and you cannot control your hysteria and tell them all about the ONE BOOK THEY SHOULD DEFINITELY READ, but later they ignore it and you’re left exasperated.
- They blackmail you into doing stuff for them by threatening to tear your book and you have no choice but to surrender.
- You suggest books to your non-nerdy and they NEVER realize its value.
- If by the worst of fortune, you’re the only nerd in your circle, you find no one to discuss your favorite book with. Hence, you cannot share your love which leaves you devoid of that pleasure.
- Your friends often tease you for living in your own fantasy world and try to give you a WAKE UP CALL to come back to reality and you’re so tired of explaining them HOW REAL EVERYTHING IS!
- No one understands why your glasses are getting thicker and thicker and you don’t care.
- You sniff, revel and admire a new book until it’s normal in the real world, then you just admire it on the bookshelf.
- You are single because you are mentally married to a fictional hero and you obviously need therapy.
Despite the pros and cons, nerds are undoubtedly (not being haughty) few of the best people we could encounter. Often ignored and termed as ‘bland’ and ‘mundane’, you’ll be surprised to see what thrills they have to offer you! Next time you meet a nerd, try exploring them.
I hope I mentioned all the problems here. If any nerd wants me to add something, feel free to notify.
There there Nerds.
So yesterday I read an article on the internet called ’30 Annoying Things That Women do that Guys Hate’ (30-like really?). It was written by some guy who either had a century old grudge against the female gender OR had a recent heartbreak-who knows? But the amount of spite that his article presented, told me that he carried some real issues with women (prayers go out to his future girlfriend).
Anyway so I hadn’t really posted anything lately due to my arduous semester exams but now that they’re finally over, you all can
endure read my stuff again. So whilst I read that article I thought I should play my part in the Female Army and maybe write an antithesis for it since this issue has been a major topic of discussion when it comes to the stereotypical chasms of wars between the two great genders of humanity; Male and Female respectively. Here it goes!
I went ahead and asked ALL the female friends I had in my contact list as to what according to them were some of the hardships you go through in the charming process of ‘being a girl’. The replies I got were hilarious. I summed them up in 10 brief points!
- We have to be multitaskers; have to master cooking, a proper job AND to look presentable as well.
- Do you know how hard it is to get one of those ‘Good Hair Days’ and then try to maintain them throughout the day?
- We can’t come and conk off on a couch in a party;we have to master the ‘RIGHT POSTURE’ because apart from everything else-We ALSO have to be a lady!
- Getting those stupid legs waxed and shiny?
- Oh and yes-WE HAVE TO SMELL GOOD AS WELL.
- I don’t think any other gender understands how hard it is to go through the 5 day pain every month AND act perfectly normal about it.
- The wings of the left eye eyeliner are always ‘not-perfect’.
- Curling and straightening rods scare the crap out of me. THEY REALLY DO.
- It’s always hard and gawky for a girl to approach a guy. The drill says that the guy should ‘make the move’. So it attracts a lot of attention if a girl steps forward.
- We cannot be reckless. As in carefree. It’s genetically imbibed in us;we cannot ‘not care’ about people or things no matter how much we try. We tend to ponder over every small thing. Although it’s an innate quality but sometimes it turns out to be extremely exhausting.
So this is it. There-I said it all. Sometimes we might exasperate you boys and make you all think of all the painless suicide options-but we aren’t THAT bad. You might think we’re annoying and whiny and sometimes fairly obnoxious. (Psst ..not all of us are). But in honest defense, we go through the above things that are biologically programmed for US and so YOU, no matter how much you try, will not understand how tiresome it actually is (although we wish you did).
So after you’re done reading this, go and give your girlfriend/wife a bunch of flowers AND chocolates .. Oh and Gummy Bears too ..Oh Oh. .. and a box of Nutella maybe?
Okay-I’ll stop writing now.
If there’s anything you want me add, feel free to notify me in the comment box.